Air Force MARS Hawaii Region 8
Training Messages R 200500Z NOV 03
DE AFF8E NR002
R 200500Z NOV 03
TO AFA8DE, AFA8AM, AFA8VB, AFA8SP, AFA8OY, ABM6JF
SUBJECT TRAINING/SERVICE MESSAGE
ZUI DE AFN8EC NR001 R 130500Z NOV 03
CHANGE ALL INSTANCES OF AFN8EC TO AFF8E.
MESSAGE WILL NOT BE REFILED.
1. See interim MOD Page 37.
2. This is a service message, correcting an error in the original message.
3. Service messages need not contain an ZEN or INFO lines. Any station receiving the original message are action addressees.
4. This message contains a subject line. A service message does not have to contain a subject line. Rather the first line of text would say "SERVICE MESSAGE" or just "SVC."
5. The message being corrected is identified with the ZUI line. ZUI means "Your attention is invited to...."
6. The information contained following the ZUI identifies a message. At minimum, the date time group line (ie "R 130500Z NOV 03") should be included.
7. The text in this message identifies the action to be taken: "CHANGE ALL INSTANCES OF AFN8EC TO AFF8E."
8. The final line of text, "MESSAGE WILL NOT BE REFILED" isn't necessary but was included for training purposes. This means the original message will not be retransmitted. A typical service message will come from a receiving station to the originating station indicating a problem with delivery. A ZOB may be included meaning the receiving station will take no additional steps in delivering the message (due to delivery problems). Other types of service message can request a retransmission wth a ZES-1 (incomplete) or ZES-2 (garbled) indicator. These types of messages are very rare with the development of error correcting data protocols and automated network level link establishment.
return to afmars.tripod.com